Sunday, July 24, 2011

Can you Be a Mormon and a Vegetarian??

I had a family member ask me for information that I have found on being a vegetarian so I thought I would compile a list for myself and others. I will likely add to this post so that I have a place to keep articles that I like:) I am in no way telling you(the reader) that you need to be a vegetarian! I believe that it is each individuals(or parent's) choice to EAT, Worship, and live how they see fit! This Blog is an outlet for me to share and store my experiences so that I can refer back to them and maybe give others the help they need:)

These First links are Other Later Day Saint Vegetarians Opinions and they put it in to words so nicely that I couldn't dream to explain it any better:)

Whole Foods Vegan Momma

The Word of Wisdom: The forgotten Verse

Interesting Collection of Quotes from Latter Day Prophets! All of them have references and a lot have links to the sources

The Humane Society: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Ensign Article outlining the Word of Wisdom

Cancer, Nutrition and The Word of Wisdom

This is a great site with a wealth of information on Cancer Prevention. Very important to me given my family's history of Cancers.

The Cancer Project:

-Cancer Facts: Meat Consumption and Cancer Risk

-Nutrition For Your Kids: A Dietary Approach to Cancer Prevention

No comments: