Sunday, July 20, 2008

Super Fast and Easy Veggie Chili

( I use the Morning star veggie crumbles a lot. they can be found by the frozen breakfast stuff. I plan on learning to make my own so I can make it cheaper and when I do I will share that as well!)

My Dad taught me the base of this recipe and me and Nate have tweaked it to our own liking. This is so easy and fast to throw together and is packed with protein!

1 15 oz. Can diced stewed tomatoes, or diced stewed tomatoes with green chilies if you like it hotter!
1 15 oz.Can Ranch Style Beans
1/3 Package of Veggie Crumbles (I use this very sparingly because it is expensive sometimes)
1 15 oz. can of corn drained or 1 cup frozen corn
And anything else you want to throw in there :)

Pour it all into a pot and bring it to a boil then let simmer for five to 10 minutes, until it is heated all of the way through. Serve with cheddar Cheese on top and with salad and multi grain Crackers on the side! Yummy! P.S. Caden loves!!!!! this chili!

2 comments:

Ice Cream said...

Soup is one of my favorite ways to eat veggetarian. I often use chicken broth (you could use veggie stock, it is just as yummy) and stewed tomatoes and then just throw whatever veggies are in the fridge.

Jewelianna said...

I have just perfected a taco soup recipe, or chili if you simmer the water out. It's delicious.

Ingredients:
1 medium onion
1 jalapeno (optional)
1 Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Mix
1 Taco Seasoning Mix
Morning Star crumbles
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can corn (I prefer frozen instead)
2 cans diced tomatoes

Chop the onion (food processors are my friend :) ) and jalapeno and saute together. Add crumbles (recipe calls for whole bag, but you can use it to your discretion), ranch mix, taco seasoning, and 1 cup water.
Heat through, then without draining add the beans, corn, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes.

I found that I like the Great Value petite diced tomatoes the best. When I used a different brand with chilies, it added too much of a tomato base to the chili. It was not as delicious as it was with the GV. Let me know if you try it. It makes ALOT - just warning ya.